Want to generate YouTube views and grow your subscriber base? What better way to attract those eyeballs than YouTube ads.
YouTube’s unique combination of accessible videos, ease of sharing and broadened communities creates an unrivaled opportunity for audience engagement. Sight, sound and motion can immerse the viewer with content that is engaging and relevant to the current viewing topic(s). You can facilitate engagements (likes, comments and shares) by utilizing ads within a video that is currently being viewed.
Depending on the goal, different ad formats work best for YouTube …
- Masthead Ads
- Placed at the top of YouTube’s homepage, a masthead ad acts as a digital billboard of photos, videos and social media sharing buttons to gain as much exposure as possible. These types of ads usually run for 24 hours.
- Bumper Ads
- With videos of six seconds or less, bumper ads let you reach people with brief messages, while offering minimal effect on their viewing experience.
- Skippable In-Stream Ads
- Appearing before, during or after a video, skippable in-stream ads. After 5 seconds, the viewer has the ability to skip the ad if they so choose.
- Non-skippable In-Stream Ads
- When the entire message is to be seen, non-skippable ads allow for a longer promotion before, during or after a video.
- Outstream Ads
- Mobile specific video ads designed to increase video reach efficiently, outstream ads can help increase brand awareness by getting videos in front of a larger audience.
- In-feed Video Ads
- Also known as “video-discovery ads”, in-feed video ads are used to promote video content in places of discovery, including next to related videos, as part of a search result, or on the mobile homepage.
With an expansive range of targeting techniques available, such as demographic groups and interests, a specific audience can be reached based on who they are, what content they’re watching and what they’re interested in.
Obtaining traffic as the internet’s second-largest search engine, YouTube is a powerhouse in the world of social media. Building a constant and robust subscriber base is very important when it comes to building a strong online presence. When a channel has numerous subscribers, it’s likely to get more targeted traffic, coverage and views. Utilizing all of YouTube’s advertising methods is a great way to up your social game.
About The Author
Josh manages social media for all of our clients while also lending his talents to influencer outreach and public relations.
Josh’s interest in marketing was instilled by his family, including his mother who works in the industry and father who passed down a love of art. At ABC, he capitalizes on his communications degree from Le Moyne College and personal love of all things content.
A fan of baseball and the outdoors, Josh subscribes to the unofficial ABC mantra to “Create Cool Sh!t,” a phrase that inspired him to join the team. His love of creativity and collaboration fit well here.